Crossing Borders Group Intensive English Program
Intensive English Classes
The Crossing Borders Intensive English Program is a comprehensive and accredited series of English classes for students and professionals who want to learn English as a second language. By identifying and emphasizing the core components of the language, we help you quickly and efficiently develop a working knowledge of English that you can begin using immediately.
Former Crossing Borders students from all over the world have successfully completed our Intensive English Program and are now confidently using English in their everyday lives. To effectively serve our current and future students, intensive and semi-intensive courses are available at the Crossing Borders locations in Houston, Spring/The Woodlands, Katy, and San Antonio, Texas.
Intensive & Semi-Intensive English Classes in Houston, Katy, Spring, The Woodlands, and San Antonio, TX
Crossing Borders offers intensive and semi-intensive English classes that give you the jumpstart you need to effectively understand and learn English as a second language by teaching you the key elements that build the foundation of English communication.
As part of the enrollment process, we will evaluate your English language skills to ensure that you are placed in an appropriate class. Our comprehensive evaluation will determine your level of comprehension in reading, writing, and verbal conversations so we can assign you to a class where you will get the maximum benefit and advancement.
At Crossing Borders, all our instructors are native English speakers trained in proven techniques for teaching English as a foreign language. Each class is four hours long and incorporates a range of activities designed to provide you with critical instruction in grammar, vocabulary, common phrases and idioms, listening, reading and writing comprehension, and conversational English in the American cultural context. In addition to in-class lessons and activities, you can expect your teacher to assign additional homework to reinforce what you learned in class and enhance your retention.
Upon completion of the intensive English program, you will have the knowledge to:
- Be more confident in your English skills
- Understand and participate in every day, real-life conversations
- Increase your credibility in business and academic settings
- Use techniques you learned to develop an adaptive and authentic communication style
- Build new and more authentic relationships with English-only speakers
Key Program Objectives:
- Increasing your fluency in spoken English
- Modeling your patterns of speech after native English speakers
- Preparing you for real-life conversations and how to respond to the unexpected
- Employing techniques for using correct grammar
- Organizing your thoughts and planning your communications